Stirchley Co-operative Development (SCD) is a group of local people in housing and worker co-operatives who are building an affordable and eco-friendly residential and retail premises in the heart of Stirchley. We plan to develop land on Pershore Road to house three local businesses along with 39 apartments.
View our plans
Our planning application is on the Birmingham City Council website with the reference 2019/10502/PA.
We are revising our application on the advice of city planning officers and will be updating a new version very soon for consideration at the September 2020 council planning meeting.
Answering your Questions
As a community-based property development run on co-operative principles, this project is quite different to the norm.
- We’ve answered the common questions here.
- You can email us at email@example.com with any others.
- You can talk to us on Twitter at @StirchleyCD
We are local residents and small businesses so do not have the legal or financial muscle of a corporate developer. Our strength comes from our roots in the community.
- Here is a guide to supporting us.
- You can also help by telling people about this project.
Stirchley Co-operative Development is:
- Artefact Projects
- Birmingham Bike Foundry
- Loaf Bakery and Cookery School
- Federici Housing Co-op
- Gung-Ho Housing Co-op